Tuesday 9 March 2010

Binge Drinking

I am writing this with a thumping head ache, a dry mouth and the remains of my fry up breakfast on the kitchen side, reminding me of how sick I feel. I think it's quite clear why drinking is 'bad'.


Alcohol is addictive, it makes people feel invincible, argumentative, emotional, and carefree (in a bad way). It has the capability to ruin lives. So why drink it?


I don't drink for any of the above reasons. I don't think that it is only alcohol that is addictive; I think it's the social atmospheres that it creates that are so enjoyable. I drink because it helps me to let go and relax, I drink because I like the flavour and feeling of being drunk, and I drink because it's the only legal intoxicant!

I drink regularly and when I do I drink a lot. I am an infamous binge drinker! *insert gasp here*

It seems to me that unless you are t-total or an alcoholic, then you must be a binge drinker. Even my nan, who drinks fewer than 10 units a year fits the bill!



But as long as it is frowned upon to drink each and every day (whilst at work and driving etc) I believe that binge drinking and it's ludicrous side effects (karaoke, table top dancing, and public urination to name but a few) will continue- cheers!






http://www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drinking/problems/bingedrinking


Follow the above link for statistics on and a definition of binge drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment