Wednesday 17 March 2010

Wait 'til I get you home!


I need to start this by saying I'm not talking about any kind of child abuse here. Nothing that will end you in jail. Just the debate that has split the nation for many years and will very likely continue. The main argument for not smacking your child seems to be that it's difficult to differentiate between 'reasonable punishment' and abuse. Surely if you can't see that difference you should not be allowed near children full stop?
It seems to me that the more people campaign for a law against smacking your children, the worse behaved children are. I suppose it's what ever works for you!
The above link takes you to a page that outlines the law on smacking children.
This link will take you to by far the most patronizing site I have found so far, full of spelling mistakes and advice aimed at owners of pets rather than parents of children- but that's just my opinion...

No comments:

Post a Comment